As part of Galaxy’s commitment to support the surrounding communities of the Sal de Vida Project, the construction of the high school in El Peñón village was successfully completed. The construction includes an additional 4 classrooms and other facilities to support the education of high school students who previously had to attend their classes after hours at night at the local primary school. Galaxy also nears completion in a primary school’s expansion in Villa Antofagasta de la Sierra and has commenced construction of a first aid facility in Ciénaga Redonda.
Galaxy is proud to officially hand over the new high school in El Peñón village to the Ministry of Education. The inauguration was attended by Galaxy’s General Manager, Guillermo Calo, The Governor of Catamarca, The Minister of Education of Argentina, Minister of Economy of Argentina and Minister of Mining of Catamarca. Galaxy looks forward to continuing its engagement with community and government stakeholders to provide positive and lasting benefits through employment opportunities, local procurement and health and education initiatives.
Photographed from left to right is
4) Mr Yamil Aballay, School Headmaster and Mr Guillermo Calo with the school’s top students.
5) Mr Guillermo Calo, Mr Raúl Jalil, Governor of Catamarca and Mr Martín Guzmán, Minister of Economy of Argentina
6) Ms Lucía Corpacci, ex-Governor of Catamarca, Mr Martín Guzmán, Minister of Economy of Argentina and Mr Guillermo Calo
7) The symbolic signing of the agreement, Mr Raúl Jalil, Governor of Catamarca, Mr Nicolás Trotta, Minister of Education of Argentina, Ms Andrea Centurión, Minister of Education of Catamarca and Ms Fernanda Jalil, Minister of Mining of Catamarca
8) Minister of Education, Mr Nicolás Trotta bumping fists with Mr Calo.